Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Luke Bryan - That's My Kind of Night

The first time I heard Blake Shelton's Boys 'Round Here I proclaimed it to be "the 'dumbest' song I've ever heard." Within, oh let's say, about less than a week I declared it to be "the 'greatest' song ever written" and I still get a big dumb goofy grin on my face when I hear it (which is often).

So what does this have to do Luke Bryan and his latest single? Well, the first time I heard Luke Bryan's That's My Kind Of Night I proclaimed it to be "the 'dumbest' song I've ever heard." Within, oh let's say, about less than a week I declared it to be "the 'greatest' song ever written" and I now get a big dumb goofy grin on my face when I hear it (which is often).

Lesson learned. Sometimes it's all about having fun and nothing more. I'll certainly have fun seeing Luke perform again tonight.



*Please note my use of "dumbest" and "greatest" was strictly for emphasis. There's no way I'd consider either Boys 'Round Here or That's My Kind Of Night to be the "greatest song ever." That distinction clearly goes to Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment