Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long

The first song on the brand new Soundgarden record says it all: Been Away Too Long. Soundgarden's last record - Down on the Upside - came out 16 years ago. In the meantime, Chris Cornell put out two decent solo albums and one embarrassingly bad one (Scream), as well as a couple OK records with most of the guys from Rage Against The Machine (Audioslave). But none of that can compare to Soundgarden. While I haven't heard King Animal yet, I did pick it up today for $3.99 at the Amazon MP3 store. I'm not naive enough to think that this album will be a return to 1995 when Soundgarden ruled the rock world. But I have to say that after hearing today's tune, I think it's possible that King Animal will be one of the finer rock records of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment