Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Monsterland - Insulation

I saw the Pernice Brothers in a small little venue in Northern Virginia when they were touring for their wonderful debut album Overcome By Happiness. To be honest, I knew nothing about the band except that Thom Monahan of Monsterland was their bass player. I had to go. Before the set started, I saw Thom by the bar and said to him, "Hi Thom, I know you're getting ready to play soon, but I just wanted to let you know that Destroy What You Love is one of my favorite albums ever." He kind of looked at me as if I was joking, but quickly could tell that I was serious (which I was). He smiled and said, "Thanks. That's certainly something I don't hear too often. Let's talk after the show." And of course we did (really nice guy, as was Joe Pernice). I have wanted to post a video by Monsterland since I started this blog (almost two years ago) but couldn't find one until yesterday (turns out someone posted it a few months ago). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment